KWL's Anti Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy
At KWL, we believe that Modern Slavery in all of its forms constitues a detesable abuse of human rights. We acknowledge that a business has a signficant role to play in combating modern slavery, both domestically and internationally.
KWL is committed to maintaining a culture where slavery, servitude, compulsory labour or human trafficking is quite simply unacceptable.
Every member of staff has a role to play in combating this crime, by remaining alert to the risk of slavery, however small it may be, within our business and within our supply chain. This statement is issued pursuant to section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
What are we doing to tackle modern slavery?
To demonstrate our commitment to tackling modern slavery, KWL will:
- Introduce provisions into our sub-contractor and supplier contracts which place obligations on parties that we do business with, to comply with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- Conduct appropriate due diligence on our sub-contractors and suppliers, in relation to their modern slavery measures.
- Maintain a robust recruitment and checking procedure to ensure that all employees of KWL are appropriately vetted.
- Conduct a risk assessment of our buiness internally to identify areas of vunerability.
- Encourage staff to report concerns and protect reporters of wrong doing directly to our HR Department whilst maintaining confidentiality and discretion.
- Review our Modern Slavery Act statement annually.