Our people are your people...
Our primary contracts are to provide extensive property services to approximately 26,000 homes in the Hull area, which includes refurbishment of dwellings. We also deliver gas and maintenance services to over 22,000 homes and have built up an extensive private sector client portfolio.More
What people say
Visitors are extremely impressed with the quality of work.... Project Manager, The European Union
Our staff appreciated your assistance and flexibility in getting these properties back to us quickly.... Estate Managers Team, Hull City Council
What to do in an emergency
KWL Emergency and out of hours contact: 01482 614099
Hull City Council Emergency repairs:
Council tenants should report emergency repairs to 300300
What should I do if I smell gas?
If you can smell gas in your home, call the National Gas Emergency Service on freephone 0800 111 999 immediately and follow the instructions given. These will include:
- Turning off the gas supply immediately at the meter/emergency control valve
- Extinguishing all sources of ignition
- Not smoking
- Not operating electrical light or power switches (on or off)
- Opening doors and windows to ventilate the property
What are the symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas, which has no colour, taste or smell. Faulty gas appliances could cause carbon monoxide poisoning. Symptoms include:
- Flu-like symptoms such as nausea
- Chest pains
- Sickness, diarrhoea and stomach pains
What can I do to prevent plumbing problems?
- Identify where your 'Mains Cold Water Stop Tap' is and monthly give it a clockwise and a quarter turn back to stop it ceasing.
- Ensure your water pipes in your loft are insulated.
- Don't let small leaks develop into big problems i.e. patches on ceiling (could be a serious leak in roof) or overflows leaking (could cause damage to walls)
How can I protect my gutters from damage during cold weather?
Clean gutters regularly - blocked/dirty gutters can cause overflows which, if frozen, could result in them coming down with the weight.
What can I do to prevent electrical problems?
- Always make sure water and electrics don't come into contact with one another - keep spillable liquids away from plugs and electrical equipment.
- Switch unnecessary appliances off when away from your property for a period of time.
- Don't leave chargers on overnight - this can cause fires.